Virtuphoria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come here join a great gaming community that offers contest, fun, discussion, and great members.

2 posters

Helpful Gamer Tag Info

GoIllini13
    GoIllini13
    Admin

Helpful Gamer Tag Info Empty Helpful Gamer Tag Info

Post  GoIllini13 Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Originally written by JcSuckaz

When I first got an Xbox Live Gold membership, I thought it was great. I bought a month subscription and played on it almost everyday. After the month long membership expired, I never bothered to renew it until about 2 years later. The reason for my urge to renew it was a consequence of playing the landmark xbox 360 game, Halo 3, online. So off I went to customer friendly GameStop where I purchased a 12-month subscription with a 1-month free. When I got home, I went strait to my xbox 360 and put the ethernet cable back into it's rightful place again-the back of my 360, so I could connect to live again. As soon as I got online, it signed in as my old gamertag as a silver membership. Silver is where you can still connect to live but you can't emerse into the full gaming community like you can with the Gold membership. So I went to upgrade my silver membership to gold (so I thought) with the PIN number on the back of the card I received when I purchased the Gold membership. After I typed in the PIN numbers and hit continue, A pop-up came saying "Error." I got very frustrated and tried repeatedly to put the numbers in to see if it would work. After many failures, I finally called xbox live support. The man told me that my previous account that I was trying to upgrade was deleted from their database (I forgot I had canceled it from my credit card 2 years ago). He told me I had to create a new gamertag and forget about my other gamertag even though it still shows up on my console. The reason the old gamertag stays on your console is because your previous saved games save to that gamertag...sadly I found that out the hard way. So my message here is if you cancel a membership that was using your credit card and try to get gold membership back on it by redeeming it with a subscription card, you will have to create a new gamertag but keep your old one! Don't lose all your progress on your games like I did.
    SoccerDude

Helpful Gamer Tag Info Empty advantages

Post  SoccerDude Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:23 pm

whats the advantages of upgrading from sliver to gold?
    GoIllini13
    GoIllini13
    Admin

Helpful Gamer Tag Info Empty Re: Helpful Gamer Tag Info

Post  GoIllini13 Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 pm

Then you can play games online which is for sure one of the best things about xbox 360!

Sponsored content

Helpful Gamer Tag Info Empty Re: Helpful Gamer Tag Info

Post  Sponsored content